Phone: (03) 5722 5399
The Facilities and Maintenance (F&M) is located centrally within the campus between Green & Dixon Streets. The team consists of a Chief Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Maintenance Manager, four (4) Trades and three (3) General Hands and Car Cleaner. The role is to manage the buildings assets, also grounds and gardens across two campuses; Green St and Illoura. The provision services infrastructure (excluding data/communications) and management of the mandatory fire, health and safety requirements. F&M also manage the leasing and maintenance residential accommodations both owned and leased that are provided for clinicians. Green Street Campus consists of acute and mental health inpatient and outpatient clinical services, other non clinical support services and arrangements with Melbourne University:
- Inpatient – 8,021m2
- Outpatient – 4,565m2
- Mental Health (combined) – 1,835m2
- Non Clinical – 5,231m2
- Melbourne Uni – 1,127m2
- Vacant – Linen service 1,810m2 and top level Matthew Rohan, 1,424m2 = 3234m2.
Illoura Nursing Home Campus is a 62 bed inpatient aged care facility of 2,960m2.
Residences consist of two blocks of units, one house and many leased accommodation properties around the Green St Campus:
- Owned – 1071m2 consisting of two blocks of 8 and 4 units, a two bedroom house, also 11 rooms with shared facilities.
- Leased – these vary depending on the requirements for clinicians but on average there are 23 properties on lease at any one time.
The services infrastructure includes; water, sewage, electricity, gas, lifts, medical gases, HVAC and grounds. Mandatory fire, health and safety requirements include; Chief Warden’s role, management of legionella, asbestos, fire resistance & prevention, emergency lighting & power. F&M also distribute and return Palliative Care loan equipment throughout the NE region to as far as Mt Beauty. F&M perform mandatory reporting functions including fire health & safety, energy and sustainability to the Department of Health. F&M use the following computerised management systems for efficient operation:
- BEIMS for job request, processing, tracking and reporting
- Sphere & Innotech Building Management Systems
- AutoCAD drawing package
- Commander & CMS Emergency lighting management systems
- Supco – Logit data capture system.
Department / Unit Specific goals:
The goals relating to F&M reflect the wide ranging service provision across campuses.
- Improve the operation, data capture and reporting functions of BEIMS
- Improved service provision to all clients
- Increase the training component within the department.
Primary customers are:
F&M provide maintenance, fire health & safety and infrastructure planning services to all operation business units within the NHW Organisation. F&M are also responsible for sourcing, managing and reporting accommodation for the large number of clinicians, students and registrars associated with NHW.
Hours of operation:
F&M operate normal business hours 07:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday. But also provide a 24/7 Engineer on call service for breakdowns and emergency situations.
2011 saw the completion of two major projects on the hospital campus
The $200,000 refurbishment of the existing cafeteria and Coffee Shop into a single Cafe for both staff and visitors enjoyment.
The $700,000 chilled water upgrade. This project has resolved the lack of chilled water supply in the acute hospital for the air conditioning cooling particularly during high demands as experienced during the summer of 2010.