Phone: (03) 5722 5239
The Extended Aged Care at Home (EACH) package is offered through NHW’s Health Independence Programs- Brokerage Services.
The EACH program provides:
- The means to assist frail and older people with disabilities to live independently in their own homes and to participate in their communities.
- Case Management for each client.
- After hours contact in the case of emergency.
- Offer an integrated package of services for frail older people.
- Planned and coordinated packages of community care services to assist a person who requires management of services because of their complex health and social needs.
The NHW EACH Program is:
- Funded by the Commonwealth Government to support older people living in the Hume Region, who are assessed as nursing home level of care to have the choice to remain living in their own home.
- This program assesses your needs, and in conjunction with your family, develop a care plan which will meet your needs.
To be eligible for an EACH package you must:
- Be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) as requiring high-level residential care and also eligible for flexible care.
- Express a preference to receive an EACH package, having been advised of alternative options.
- Be able to remain at home safely and appropriately through available community services.
- Be assessed by the Case Manager to ensure that your care needs are able to be met within the program guidelines and budget.
- Require case management to remain living at home.
- Have complex needs (medical, nursing, social and/or emotional).
Your admission to an EACH Package will be decided on the basis of need for care as assessed against the EACH eligibility criteria.
Services and Support that can be provided through an EACH Package:
- Case Management and Coordination
- Personal Care
- Home Care
- Home Maintenance
- Technical Support
- In-Home Respite
- Continence Management
- Mobilisation Aids
- Allied Health – such as physiotherapy, podiatry and occupational therapy
- and many other services
The provision of food and meals is not included in an EACH package, but assistance can be given to prepare, eat or shop for food.
Fees and Charges:
The fees are determined by the Australian Government. The amount contributed will be negotiated when you discuss the EACH with the Case Manager.
Clients will not be disadvantaged from accessing the program if they are experiencing financial difficulties or are unable to pay.
Who can make a referral to the EACH Program?
You can be referred to NHW’s EACH Program by ACAS, General Practitioners, Hospital Liaison Staff, Post Acute Care, Councils, a relative or by self referral. You will be required to undergo an ACAS assessment before the EACH team can assess for a package (eligibility criteria). The referral may be via phone, fax or post.