Northeast Health Wangaratta provides a broad range of affordable services for people living in Wangaratta and surrounding district. These services (located in the menu on the right) aim to keep people active and healthy as well as providing treatment and advice to help people regain their health.
What is a Community Health Service?
Although the Programs identified have distinct differences in the services they provide, they do work in collaboration with each other. A client may require and receive from a single program or receive services from multiple programs, depending on their individual needs.
The service aims to:
- Provide individuals and groups within the community direct and confidential health care
- Address the health needs of the local community by providing services and information which is flexible, responsive and accessible
- Provide services which focus on the well being of the whole person
- Promote aspects of health care and prevention
Who can use the services?
Members of the Wangaratta community and surrounding districts with short or long term illnesses, disabilities, and those people who are frail and elderly who choose to remain in their homes.
How can you use the services?
Contact the Service Access Unit on (03) 5722 5239. The Service Access Unit provide the first point of contact for new and existing clients wanting information, services or programs.
What does Service Access Unit do?
The Service Access unit provides clients with coordinated access to the services that are needed. This is achieved by:
- Supporting the community to access appropriate services
- Assessing referrals, client needs, priority and eligibility for appropriate services, program and groups
- Making appointments and managing waiting lists
- Providing service information, service option and referrals